Monday, August 28, 2006

Honestly, Blogs?

Ok, so this is my first blog entry...EVER! And as we're supposed to write about the media, I will add my two cents about this whole blogging phenomenon. I guess I never really got swept up into the "write my thoughts down for the world to read" trend. This whole thing is very foreign to me. Honestly, I feel I have better things to do with my life than type out my opinions...just in case someone who is obviously even more bored than I could have been to write it in the first place, might stumble upon it and want to read it. In general, I try not to sit down in front of the computer for hours and lose myself; it's too easy to start searching out the mindless and information and trivia that is so abundant on the Internet. I am not criticizing those who find value in this form of communication...I guess it's just not my thing. But I am also a very optimistic person and I'm willing to try anything once. I think overall it is an interesting way to present an assignment, and one that is better than handwriting a journal for a class (which I've done). As I looked through people's blogs, I noticed it at least gives the opportunity to be creative in the presentation of the page, and this I like. So, with some venting out of the way I am ready to start a new semester and try something new.

No comments: