Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Apple Picking

When life takes away your apple, it is impossible to make apple pie! I have been without my mac for 3 weeks now, and it makes me realize how much we truly depend on our computers. It's a machine that has become such a standard, required piece of equipment. Starting a new semester without a computer is becoming increasingly difficult. By the way, did I mention that one of my classes is Computer Application Basics for graphic design...a class that pretty much entails turning on a computer, clicking this and dragging that. This means I haven't been able to do the projects or participate in any classes yet this semester! Not good!

Then there is also this class...our daily posts have been considerably difficult. I can't just go home and let my thoughts slowly simmer and process for that night's blog. When you have to rely on friends' computers to do work, it is difficult to take any more time than necessary. As you can tell I haven't been able to take the time to create a blog role, add pictures or include any extras. It also makes me realize how much media I take in through my computer. I can't just sit down and explore my internet searches or check my favorite websites. I can't read my electronic newsletters or even check my email regularly. I have also lost the ability to access my absolute favorite form of media. How can you forget about the ipod? Without my computer I have no way update or more importantly charge my ipod. This means no music!! I realize they have electrical chargers but I am on a student's budget, and can't afford to go out and buy a charger right now. Thankfully, I have found a way to circumvent this last issue, but it is slow and inconvenient. I wish I could express how much I miss being connected, but suffice it to say, I feel totally handicapped without my comptuer.

No comments: